Peak Performance Sports & Physical Therapy was founded with the specific goal of helping people of all ages and abilities achieve and maintain optimal physical function so they can enjoy life to the fullest. With this goal in mind, our team has established a highly respected reputation among patients and physicians for competent, compassionate, results-based independent care.
Our clinics offer a positive environment where recovery is based on obtaining competent, compassionate care that achieves the best possible long-term results. Peak Performance physical therapists are licensed health care professionals who evaluate and treat people with a wide range of injuries and conditions. Our treatment plans are customized to meet each particular patient’s needs, and we strive to ensure that our patients become active participants in their own PT process.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Peak Performance Clinics Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
- Ankle Pain
- Auto Injury
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Foot Pain
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pelvic health
- Pre- & Post-Surgical
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Workers' Comp
Treatments we use to help you
- Anodyne Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- At-home Care
- Dry Needling
- Electric Stimulation
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- IASTM Technique
- Kinesiology Taping
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Manual therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Pelvic Floor Rehab
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehab
- Sports medicine
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Virtual Physical Therapy
Garner, North Carolina 27529
Winterville, North Carolina 28590
Havelock, North Carolina 28532
Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540
Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540
New Bern, North Carolina 28561
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina 28460
Swansboro, North Carolina 28584