Is your knee screaming in pain?
Dread getting out of bed because you don't want to put pressure on your tender leg?
Don't know what's wrong?
Common causes of knee pain
If you typed knee physical therapy near me into the Google search bar because your knee hurts and you don't know what's wrong, here are some potential causes:
2. Infection ” Sometimes linked to arthritis, joint infections can erode the bone and eat away at cartilage, leading to a loss of cushion in the joints.
3. Baker's cysts ” A Baker's cyst is a sac filled with joint-lubricating fluid that forms on the back of the knee. They sometimes occur simultaneously with arthritis or other joint conditions.
4. Osgood-Schlatter disease ” Osgood-Schlatter disease is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the front of the knee, just below the kneecap. It can spread to the muscles that stretch over the knee, causing muscle pain in addition to joint pain.
5. Bursitis ” Bursitis occurs when there is swelling or inflammation in the bursa, which is a small sac that exists between your bone and the soft tissue around it.
6. Cancer ” Cancer that starts in or spreads to the bones can cause pain in the affected area.
7. Strain, sprain, tear, fracture or dislocation ” Of course, there's always a chance that you injured a bone or soft tissue in your knee. Torn ligaments, kneecap fractures, and other injuries can occur for many reasons and can be quite painful.
How physical therapy helps with knee pain
Seeking out a knee physical therapist near you is a good choice when you're struggling with knee pain. While they won't be able to cure an infection or drain a cyst (you should talk to your general physician about that), they may be able to help you manage your pain. They will develop a personalized plan for you that uses exercises, manual therapy and other research-backed techniques to help relieve your pain.
Alliance PTP is ready to help you find top-notch knee physical therapy near you
At Alliance Physical Therapy Partners, we're proudly bringing together physical therapy practices across the country to help people get the high-quality PT they need. Want to see a physical therapist in person? We can put you in touch with an Alliance PTP partner that's close to you and that can help you address your knee pain.
Not keen on in-person PT sessions or not close to an Alliance PTP partner? No worries. We also offer effective and affordable virtual physical therapy through our Agile Virtual Physical Therapy platform.
Contact our team today so we can help you find the most effective physical therapy services for your injury or condition.