Whatcom Physical Therapy was founded in 1997 to serve the residents of Whatcom County, Washington, with locations in Blaine and Ferndale. Our team members pride themselves on providing next-level patient care and innovative techniques to accelerate healing and rehabilitation.
Our experienced physical therapists are also keen to listen to your symptoms, needs and goals. Then, they’ll build you a customized PT program designed to address them all. We focus on helping you build your own independence as you move through your PT journey. That’s why our physical therapists will work hard to educate you about your injury or condition and emphasize self-care by providing a custom list of at-home exercises and other steps you can take to continue your rehab at home.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Whatcom Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
- Ankle Pain
- Auto Injury
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pelvic health
- Pre- & Post-Surgical
- Sports Injuries
- Workers' Comp
Treatments we use to help you
- Covid-19 Recovery
- Electric Stimulation
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- IASTM Technique
- Kinesiology Taping
- Manual therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehab
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Vestibular Rehab
- Virtual PT
- Work Hardening/SMART Program
Blaine, Washington 98230