Have you recently started your physical therapy business or franchise? Are you looking to hire an office assistant? Maybe you’ve managed without one until now but you’re starting to think it might be time to look for someone to help with administrative tasks. Physical therapy office assistants can be a saving grace for clinics by streamlining the administrative processes needed to keep a clinic smoothly operating.
If you’ve started looking to hire an office assistant for your physical therapy clinic, here are some of the qualities that are most desirable.
What are some qualities to look for in a good physical therapy office assistant?
- Attention to detail — One of the qualities that your office assistant will need is attention to detail. They’ll be dealing with dates, times and other important information that can cause some issues if not paid close attention to.
- Interpersonal skills — Interpersonal skills are also important to look for in an assistant. Your administrative staff will be the first people your patients see when they enter your building and are essentially the face of your business. You’ll want to make sure that your office assistant will greet your patients with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Organizational abilities — Organizational abilities are another essential quality. An administrative assistant should be able to keep patient records, office files, and other important information easily accessible and organized at all times.
- Problem-solving skills — You’ll likely want an office assistant who can problem-solve on the job. There will be days when difficult situations arise, and having an administrative assistant who can quickly and creatively solve the issue will be a lifesaver.
- Technological skills — As the physical therapy industry evolves and progresses, so will its technology. An office worker who can keep up with technological advances will be valuable in a fast-paced office environment.
Alliance PTP wants to help you build a better physical therapy practice
Alliance Physical Therapy Partners firmly believes that partnership means creating something that is greater than the sum of its parts. Alliance PTP is proud to bring together physical therapy clinics around the nation to help people get the kind of treatment they’re looking for and then exceed their expectations. Want to learn more about joining Alliance PTP’s growing list of partners? You can read more on our page for practice owners here. If you want to know more about how Alliance PTP can help you build a better physical therapy practice, don’t wait to reach out. If you’re looking for a career with us, check out our job opportunities here.
Contact our team today for more information about how we can help your practice or to find out how you can join our partnership in care.