Panther Physical Therapy was founded by physical therapists in 2003, with three locations in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA — Wexford, Allison Park, and Zelienople. The entire team at each of our clinics is dedicated to clinical excellence, service to the patient and professionalism. We are also committed to the communities that we serve.
Many of our staff members have been with Panther PT from its earliest days — a testimony to our commitment to our patients and to each other. Every one of our clinical staff shares a passion for delivering exceptional clinical results in a compassionate and respectful environment. Our clinicians offer a personalized approach to physical therapy for every patient that takes the patient’s injury or condition, recovery needs, and recovery goals into account. Our passion and training allows us to work tirelessly to help you get back to doing the things you love.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Panther Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
Hand and Wrist Pain
Pre- & Post-Surgical
Treatments we use to help you
Pre & Post Surgical Rehab
Trigger Point Therapy
Virtual Physical Therapy
Work Hardening/SMART Program
Allison Park, Pennsylvania 15101
Wexford, Pennsylvania 15090