Excel Sports and Physical Therapy
Serving the St. Louis area
Excel Sports & Physical Therapy’s roots in physical therapy go back to 1984, with the start of Cave Springs Physical Therapy in St. Peters, Missouri. Since that time, we have expanded our reach extensively, and we are now offering high-quality physical therapy services to patients in other areas of Missouri, including St. Louis City and County, St. Charles County, and Warren County.
We pride ourselves on our ability to serve patients with any orthopedic diagnosis, as well as many neurological cases. We have this ability because our veteran staff provides an extensive range of both time-tested and cutting-edge treatments. Our clinicians are also committed to providing you with a personalized plan of care that’s based on your need and your unique recovery goals.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Excel Sports & Physical Therapy Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
- ALS/Lou Gherig's Disease
- Ankle Pain
- Auto Injury
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Foot Pain
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pre- & Post-Surgical
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Women's Health
- Workers' Comp
Treatments we use to help you
- Aquatic Therapy
- ASTYM Therapy
- At-home Care
- Covid-19 Recovery
- Dry Needling
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Hand Therapy
- Joint Replacement Rehab
- Kinesiology Taping
- McKenzie Method
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehab
- Running Program
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Vestibular Rehab
- Virtual PT
- Work Hardening/SMART Program
St. Louis, Missouri 63123
Creve Coeur, Missouri 63141
Ellisville, Missouri 63011
O'Fallon, Missouri 63366
O'Fallon, Missouri 63368
St. Charles, Missouri 63301
St. Peters (Mexico Road)
St. Peters, Missouri 63376
Warrenton, Missouri 63383
Wentzville, Missouri 63385