For more than a decade, patients who have worked with our Excel Rehab & Sports team have told us that the treatment they experience here is “different.” That difference is found in our people — each one skilled, compassionate and caring, with an empathy for your unique condition and a deep commitment to putting you first. By challenging you as well as ourselves in all aspects of your care, we are able to achieve superior outcomes consistently.
That difference also comes from us putting your needs first. We understand that your condition affects your daily routine and the hopes that you have for the future. This is why we develop personalized treatment plans to sustain your goals and lifestyle as a whole. We schedule your visits with the same therapist to ensure the continuity of your care, to produce better outcomes, and to provide other key benefits. Right from the start, we provide an uplifting and supportive environment, and direct communication with your therapist before, during and after your physical therapy journey.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Excel Rehab & Sports Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
- Ankle Pain
- Auto Injury
- Back Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Foot Pain
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pre- & Post-Surgical
- Shoulder Pain
Treatments we use to help you
- Cycling Assessment
- Dry Needling
- Foot Orthotics
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Functional Rehabilitation
- IASTM Technique
- Joint Mobilization
- Kinesiology Taping
- Manual therapy
- Muscular, Nerve, Connective Tissue Assessment
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehab
- Running Program
- Video Gate Analysis
- Work Hardening/SMART Program
Clemson, South Carolina 29631
Cleveland, Tennessee 37312
Easley, South Carolina 29640
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37415
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37405