Your success is what drives us at Back in Motion Physical Therapy. Our team is here for you whether you have a sudden, unexpected injury or are suffering from chronic pain.
bacOur team of highly trained and experienced physical therapists specialize in treating a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries to help people manage pain, improve range of motion and improve quality of life. We offer personalized treatments to fit the needs of each patient. When you visit us for help with your aches and pains, we’ll assess your condition and review your medical history to come up with a course of treatment that helps you reach your recovery goals.
What to do before your first appointment
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Fill out new patient paperwork, if possible.
What to expect during your first appointment
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will be asked to fill out new patient paperwork, if you have not already done so.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain or injury. Please answer them as best you can. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please make sure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. They will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times; however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professionals you choose.
- If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Back In Motion Newsletter Sign Up
Conditions we can help you address
Treatments we use to help you
Auburn, Maine 04210
Bangor, Maine 04401
Belfast, Maine 04915
Brewer, Maine 04412
Dover-Foxcroft, Maine 04426
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Gorham, Maine 04038
Hermon, ME 04401, Maine 04401
Newport, Maine 04953
Old Town, Maine 04468
Portland, Maine 04102
Saco, Maine 04072
Sanford, Maine 04073
South Portland, Maine 04106